Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Salmon on a Hook

Well, we had an absolutely gorgeous Memorial Day weekend here, with temps in the low 70s and beautiful sunny skies. My parents took me out multiple times . . . I thoroughly enjoyed myself, simply walking along the road.



Living dangerously as I pick my way around a sheer cliff






Here I am stalking Mommy . . . she couldn't see me as I crawled along the high grass and blended in with my surroundings . . .




Roxy's Mom wanted to see a 40lb salmon . . . well, this was the biggest one at one of the weighing stations during the 10 minutes we were there. This King Salmon weighed 26lbs!! He was almost as tall as Mommy (all 5 feet of her!)

8 comments:

Leah said...

It looks like you all had a beautiful weekend! Love the pictures!

Clover said...

Hi Frances,
You are so brave walking along that cliff! Did you see my cliff pictures from my visit to Titus and Tessa's? I was trying to be a mountain pug like you.
Love Clover xo

Archie and Melissa said...

hi frances!
i love reading about your adventures! that salmon weights about 6 pounds more than emmitt! i won't tell him!
i am so glad all of you had such a nice holiday weekend!

The Devil Dog said...

OMG That salmon is amazing. And he is almost five feet long? Wowza. Thanks for posting that, mom was really curious about how big they were and that was a great example.
Frances, you are so cool, stalking your mom in the grass. We love seeing your pictures and hearing your stories.

Roxy & Lucky

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Wow! That is a big fish!!

Anonymous said...

mmm that salmon looks yummy! nothing better then fresh fish! :)

You are quite the adventurer aren't you?

Nevis said...

Wowzer thats a lot of croquettes!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Sooo Cool...Okay Francis...I have said it before and I will say it again. The more we read your post the more we want to live in Alaska! have room for 4 Humans and 3 pugs?