Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Bladder Infection

This past weekend, I was having problems peeing; I had to go constantly. Mommy noticed this and then noticed that my urine was slightly pinkish. We went to the vet today and she suspected I had a bladder infection, but wanted a urine sample to confirm it. So the veternary assistants walked me around their office carrying a ladle to catch my urine -- I thought this was so weird that I didn't pee for them. Mommy had to collect my urine when we got home. The funny thing was that Daddy was totally squeamish about it -- you would think that a man who picks up my poop would have no problems collecting my urine. Noooo! He was totally grossed out by the whole thing -- MEN!

So the vet said I had bacteria in my urine and started me on antibiotics. And I have to start on heartworm medication as well, not to mention continue with my flea medication (I only did my heartworm thing once-a-year in Ketchikan, and we didn't even bother with flea/tick medicine up there). I think I need some compensation for having to take so much medication . . . like a cookie!

9 comments:

Page said...

awww, hope you feel better soon! You definitely don't want to forget the heartworm meds down here in Florida...evil mosquitoes!

C.l.o.v.e.r. said...

Frances - you do deserve at least one cookie per medication. Should I write up a "prescription" and send it to your parents?!
Sorry to hear about your bladder infection....hope it clears up quickly!
xo

Nevis said...

Frances, I definatly think you need some cookies. Or maybe a slice of bacon!? :) Hope your bladder infection clears up asap!!

Archie and Melissa said...

hi frances!
ouch! bladder infections are no fun, but i know you will feel better in no time! you are smarter than emmitt. he thinks his heartworm tablet is a cookie!

Becky said...

A baker's dozen is in order for the pug patient, tell them Fuji adn Gidget said so!!! Hope you're back in the swing of things very soon!!! Mosquitoes are bad business in Florida and fleas too!

Stacy Walker said...

Poor Frances. We have to take the flea and heartworm meds too....hummm yes extra cookies are in order. Hope you feel better soon sweetie.

Harry Pugalicious said...

You totally needs a cookie! One cookie for every time you gets a medicine!

Hope you gets better soon - there seems to be a bladder infection epidemic in the bloggie world!

Anonymous said...

Oh you poor thing! I hope you get better quickly.. and it sounds like you need two cookies!!

The Devil Dog said...

A cookie, Frances, honey, you need more than A cookie. You need a whole bunch of cookies. One for every medication you have to take. That's my rule.

Roxy