Monday, November 22, 2010

Caught Again

Something mortifying happened to me this weekend. I thought I got away with something but then my parents found out about it in quite an embarrassing way. I am the first to admit that I love chocolate; I know it is dangerous for me and my parents never let me have any. But that doesn't stop me from trying to obtain it whenever I can (live life on the edge, that's what I say). So, my Mom had some leftover small Snickers bars in her bookbag that she forgot about. My parents and sis left me alone on Thursday afternoon and my keen sense of smell brought me to Mom's bag and I was able to help myself to a few of those bars. Since I didn't know how long my family would be out, I had to scarf them down quickly.

When my parents came back, Dad saw one Snickers wrapper on the floor. Mom was horrified and confused: she didn't see any more Snickers bars in her bag, but couldn't find any more wrappers. She thought she had at least 4 of those bars left. My parents watched me closely overnight, but I felt fine (and proud of myself for getting away with such a steal!). I felt fine, that is, until this weekend. On Saturday I had a weird-colored poop; Mom was wondering why my poop was white and blue. She looked closer (she had to pick up after me, of course) and saw the letters S-N-I-C-K-E-R-S on the white part. Boy was she steaming mad! And then I got really sick yesterday and started dry-heaving for an hour, until finally, 3 more wrappers came up. My parents were both furious and very concerned about me at the same time. Once they realized I was ok, they started lecturing me about eating chocolate, especially with the wrapper still on. I tried to tell them that the wrapper was no impediment to my enjoying the chocolate itself, but I think that got me in more trouble. Suffice it to say I didn't get very much to eat last night; Mom said it was to make sure my stomach was recovered, but I know when I am being punished! Can't say it wasn't worth it, though . . .

5 comments:

Sandy said...

I'm so glad you are okay. Maybe you mom will make you some homemade treats that look like snickers sometime.

Kellee the Caffeinated said...

You silly little puggy, you need to stay away from that chocolate!!!!
Glad that you are okay~

~The Monster Crew

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

OMD we hope you don't eat any chocolates again even if the wrapper if off. Feel betters.

Hugs,
S&P

The Devil Dog said...

Tastes good going down, but it's all down hill from there. I know just what you went through. Try to skip the wrappers next time and we're really glad you're okay.

Roxy, Lucky & Mom

Archie and Melissa said...

happy happy holidays frances and family!
we love you!
xoxoox
m & e